This is pretty much the easiest hair color to go to after you’ve gone blonde. If you have seen my past hair color adventure – going blonde, you can conclude I have gone lazy and refused to do root retouch.
I went from blonde – Brunette – awkward blonde/ brunette after brazillian blowout – ombre to balayage.
This hair color is perfect for those who have already colored hair.
Why go Balayage?
- Easy to maintain
- Requires little to zero retouch sesh
- Doesn’t completely ruin your hair cos most of the work will be on the tips and not your roots.
What you will need:
- Bleaching powder and 6% – 12% oxidizing lotion (Ratio 1:1) – only needed if coming from black or brunette colored hair.
- Cleartone* and 6% oxidizing lotion (Ratio 1:1)
- Mixing Bowl
- Coloring Brush
- Hair Keratin treatment (lots of them)
*You may need two of these if you want to achieve a really light color / platinum blonde on the tips. You can have a second cleartone sesh after a week or so. Don’t burn your hair girl.
*These items can be bought in the nearest HBC / Hortaleza.
If you’re coming from black hair:
- Bleach your hair tips, about 3-4 inches, depending on your hair length. Leave it for about 45 minutes. Wash and dry.
- Apply cleartone dye, 1 inch from your roots to the tips. This is get rid of the orange bleach hair color and turn it to yellow blonde. Wash and dry.
- No shampoo after. You can put keratin treatment after tho.
- Color the tips again with clear tone after one week to make it more blonde than yellow.
If you’re coming from brunette hair:
- Bleach your hair tips to achieve blonde tips.
- Apply cleartone if not satisfied with the how the color turned out.
- No shampoo after. Do put keratin treatment if on hand.
If coming from ombre blonde hair:
- No need to bleach.
- Just color with cleartone, your blonde tips will become brighter and your black hair will just turn brown like mine. I told you it would be easy!
Post color tips:
- You can skip the shampoo and condition everyday. You can shampoo 2-3 a week.
- DIY Hair Keratin treatment every week to bring back healthy hair.
- If you’re lazy, get a Brazilian blowout. This is will also make your hair color more vibrant!
- Sunflower Beauty Oil (Human Nature) can be your new bestie. Put a small amount in your hand and rub them together then massage hair tips. Just the hair tips! And the beauty oil can be used on your face too. Now that’s a beauty oil!
Remember, life’s too short for boring hair!